COMMUNITY GRANT GUIDANCE
What is it?
The Llandow Community Council grant scheme is available voluntary and community organisations operating in the Llandow Community Council Area which incorporates Llysworney, Llanmihangel (Sigingstone) and Llandow. It provides modest funds to organisations that have charitable purposes for capital expenditure or core funding for community events.
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from community organisations and charities.
- • Applications will only be considered from organisations working in the Llandow Community Council Area which incorporates Llysworney, Llanmihangel (Sigingstone) and Llandow.
- • In considering applications from organisations that exist to provide hobby activities for its members, the facilities that they provide should be available to members of the public at large.
What can it fund?
Applicants can apply for grant support for the following purposes:
- • Support for community buildings
- • Small items of equipment
- • Works to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act
- • Other purposes beneficial to the community (eg community events)
- • Project related professional fees (eg architects and surveyors).
How Much Can I Apply For?
What can’t it fund?
Ineligible costs will include:
- • Normal running expenses
- • Planning Permission costs
- • Please note that retrospective costs i.e costs for work already undertaken or equipment/work materials that have been purchased or ordered prior to a formal grant offer, are ineligible and should not be included in any application you may wish to make.
How much can I apply for?
The Community Council have limited resources, so grants will be limited in most instances to a few hundred pounds.
When do I have to apply by?
There are no set deadlines. Fully developed projects will be assessed on an individual basis.
Please note that should your project be successful, payment will usually only be made on submission of invoices at the completion of the project unless the grant is core funding for a community event.
How often can I apply?
There are no restrictions on when an organisation can re-apply for funding, but only one project can be supported at one time per organisation. New applications can be submitted once all aspects of the current project are complete.
If you require further guidance please contact the Clerk to the Community Council:
47 Cefn Road, Cefn Cribwr, Bridgend. CF32 0BA.